Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Brandon B- Rays


 This image is titled “Rays” and was taken with my iPhone in the spring of 2021 on my way to school.  It was taken on a foggy morning of some houses on the hill.  I edited this by mirroring the house and tree on the right.  I then used the masking tool to retain an individual sun and background detail.  Additionally, I used curve and hue adjustments to present the particular lighting and color.  Finally, I used a combination of contrast filters and the skylight filter for a final touch.  If I spent more time on the masking I think the smaller details of the image would look much better, but overall I’m pretty content with how this one turned out.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sun and marks in the sky give this a cool creepy feeling and the change of color changes the whole feeling. It looks like it's night and day which really helps with the feeling. I think you got a good angle as well. One thing to change would be a little more detail on the grass. I'm just curious how that would look.

Anonymous said...

I really like this image! It looks like a scene out of a dystopian movie. I'm not entirely sure if the marks in the sky is rain or not, but it's kind of hard to tell that it's there so I would try either removing it or making it more visible. Overall, really good job! I like the mood of this shot.

Anonymous said...

I like the eerie and upside-down feel to the image. It reminds me a lot of the "Upside-down" from Stranger Things. The only criticism I have is it's hard to tell what the little falling things are, I can't tell if it's rain or dust or what. It would be cool if it were rain I would just prefer if it had a more natural look. Overall great work, I would love to see more like this from you!
-HS