Thursday, April 18, 2024

Brandon B- Take My Hand

This image is title “Take My Hand”, and is an I took of my hand with fake blood on it.  I took this image on April 1st in my garage around four in the afternoon.  My editing started with removing my hand from it's original background, making it as it's own layer.  Next I created a background with a picture I took of clouds, and used a blending/smudge brush to blend it into the seen background.  I added White and black color to the background mix to show some light and dark at the top and bottom respectively.  I masked some of the background around the wrist of my hand.  Next I used a screentone brush in green to splotch around the image for added detail.  From there I flattened the image in order to apply curve adjustments and Nik collection filters.  This could be better if I spent more time on the masking and details at the end.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo the idea is really cool in my opinion and the "blood" gives it a nice touch the only thing i really see that could be fixed is the grain or noise on the photo besides that you did a great job

Anonymous said...

This image is so cool! The colors on the hand with the white lighting emphasized where the blood is looks so good. Also the way you composited the texture and fog effect is amazing. Great work no notes! - Maci J HHS

Anonymous said...

"Take My Hand" is a striking and evocative image that effectively combines elements of horror and surrealism. The use of fake blood on the hand creates a sense of unease and adds a macabre element to the composition. The decision to isolate the hand from its original background and blend it seamlessly into a cloudy backdrop adds depth and atmosphere to the scene.

The choice of using clouds as the background creates an intriguing contrast with the starkness of the bloodied hand, adding to the overall sense of mystery. The addition of light and dark elements to the background enhances the dramatic effect and draws the viewer's attention to the focal point of the image.

The use of a green screentone brush to add detail and texture to the image is a creative touch that adds visual interest and depth. The overall editing process, including curve adjustments and Nik collection filters, enhances the mood and atmosphere of the image.

However, as mentioned, there are areas where the masking and details could be refined further to create an even more polished final result. Overall, "Take My Hand" is a compelling and visually striking composition that effectively captures the viewer's attention and leaves a lasting impression.
HHS
K.A.W

Anonymous said...

This image has a nice background along with the blood being convincing. I also like the detail on the hand and the light reflecting of the hand. The lighting is good all over the image. I'm also a fan of the shade of the color over the image.