Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Owen S- Happy Image


Exposure: This photograph was taken multiple times each at a slightly different exposure. The first few were taken on aperture priority but this program feature did not render a property exposed image.I decided to switch over to full manual and decide on 1/80 sec (at 2.8 and iso 100). 
Focus: This image is in focus. I chose to keep the sharp focus of this image because soft focus is so often over used in portraiture, I bought a nice lens I'm not going to rub chapstick on the front element to soften the focus you know?
DOF: This image was shot at f/2.8 giving it a very shallow depth of field. This is just the look I was going for because my subject was properly isolated, despite being rather close to the background.    
Lighting: My light for this photo was totally natural. This photo was taken around 6:30 in a late summer afternoon so the light was very nice, especially since the cloud cover diffused most of the direct sunlight. As for white balance I shot in RAW and adjusted in Lightroom.
Rule of Thirds: This was a portrait orientation shot so I diddn't want to put the subjects face too far out of the center of the frame.
Framing: For a traditional portrait shot the arming is fine.
Color: For other images this set I desaturated the color as to emulate the look of an antique color photograph, this one however I kept the colors more natural looking seeing as how I had a human subject. 
Leading Line: While there are no lines in the photograph drawing the eye brought he image the eyes of my subject are placed just where I want them (intersection of the rule of thirds lines).
Dark v Light: The background of this image is sufficiently dark to separate the subject and ring her forward in the image. 
Balance: I think the background could be a little bit darker but the image works fine as is.
Mood: I like the mood of this photo, it came out the way I wanted.
Feeling: I think this is a happy image. thats nice.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tripp,
I really like this picture! the colors in it work so so well together and its not to bright in your face. But it still has enough color to catch your attention and focus on the main things that are going on in the pictures!
Mariah M.-HHS